Friday, February 8, 2008

You'll Never Walk Alone

So, I was cleaning the house this morning, trying to get it ready to show to prospective tenants, and I decided to read the Gainesville Sun, my favorite local newspaper that I grew up with. Of course, this was the online version. And in it, I found a link to a very impressive tradition. I'm a pretty decent soccer fan, for an American--I grew up playing it, I watch the World Cup and the occasional friendly on TV. The link brought me to a video of the fans of Liverpool before a match against Barcelona--apparently, before every match all the fans sing the song from Carousel, "You'll Never Walk Alone." Any time you can get 70,000+ people to sing a song like that together is very inspiring. Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xvegPH_Lw
On a side note, it also reminded me of high school choir--my director, Mrs. Harris, would always sing that song to the seniors at the end of the year concert. :) Good times.
So, check out that video, and see the passion for soccer that just doesn't exist here in the States.

No comments: